I have hepatitis c and b in my liver and bad abdominal pain wha should I take for pain?

balbanese 17 Nov 2014

You need to ask your Dr because of the affect on the liver the meds have.

Stephen Treloar 17 Nov 2014

I'd be more concerned about the source of the pain and would see a Doctor first. When it comes to pain relief you haven't many options due to the metabolic load on your liver. I use Fentanyl for pain but am not allowed any NSAID's or Acetaminophen products. Given that I have end stage liver disease I have only ever experienced some minor pain in my spleen and gall bladder (when a gall stone obstructs the common bile duct). Certainly nothing to take medication for.

madjackson 17 Nov 2014

well I have hep C and cirrhosis,stage 4, I take hydrocodone 10/325 I don't like the tylonel but my pcp won't write me anything else..so I went to a liver guy he gave me tramadol or ultram,,, I took it as prescribed and spent 3 weeks in the ozone, worse thing is I fooled my family and caregiver. according to them I thought my fingers were chocolate and was trying to eat them... so do not take that, I won't,,, ever!!! talk to your doc to see what they recommend