First I want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes when I was so sick. It means so much to know y'all are here cheering me on and supporting me. I want to get back to where I can be there supporting all of you and the new members as well. Which leads me to my question.

I desperately need some advice about anti-depressants. You all know what a terrible, horrible, nightmare experience I had with Cymbalta. So I am really gun shy now. I remember the first one I ever took. Pamelor (a tricyclic sp?) worked well for me. The only problem I had with it was weight gain but that would not be a problem now because I seem to be wasting away to nothing. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this since I know it's an older med and not prescribed as much anymore. And if not, do you have any suggestions on what might be a good one for me to try? I have taken a couple of the SSRI's but since I don't sleep much anyway they cause severe insomnia. I really would appreciate opinions, experiences and any advice.

I am still VERY depressed maybe even more so since the first one I tried made me so sick. I know different ones work differently with each of us but I just need a little hope right now. Just a little. So please guys tell me what you think. I'm open to any and ALL suggestions. Thanks in advance for caring enough to read and answer this very loooong question.
Much love to all -Terri- (aka TLC)