Hello, I'm waiting to hear from my insurance if I quality. what is the copay for harvoni?

kaismama 18 Aug 2015

It depends on your insurance. Go to the harvoni web site and check it out because they have some copay help and they work with the insurances.

JimiC 18 Aug 2015

Thank you

buzzyrd 18 Aug 2015

Good morning kaismama. My doctor enrolled me in Gilead's patient assistance program while I was at his office. That program coordinates with the doctor's office, my insurance company and the specialty pharmacies. It took a few days but I got a call from Express Scripts with an approval advice, then got a call from BriovaRx, the specialty pharmacy. I had been approved for 24 weeks of Harvoni and Ribavirin. I was approved for the Harvoni by my insurance company with a copay of $70.00 a month, but got a Gilead coupon taking it down to $5.00 a month! My co-pay for the Ribavirin is $20.00 a month, so I am very fortunate, $25.00 a month my total cost. Also, if you have any kind of hardship paying that or whatever your copay ends up being you can request aid through the specialty pharmacy. I have heard of some people getting grants through the specialty pharmacy which pays those co-pays.The 24 week course of treatment is $188,000 + so I am very lucky I know. Good luck and I hope you're approved with a very low copay soon!

JimiC 18 Aug 2015

Thank you buzzy Rd for that info. I had called my pharmacy plan 6 weeks ago and they told me there was a $27,000 dollar copay.