Hello I just started taking 300 mg of tramadol and so far Im not taking as much tylenol is it ok?

Stephen Treloar 7 Dec 2016

Clearly you cannot be opioid naive as that would be a fairly high starting dose in that case. I'm concerned that the Tramadol is the painkiller of choice. With long term therapy it can produce really unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, unfortunately I cannot suggest an alternative but would encourage you to ask your doctor some probing questions; like how long am I going to be taking this for?

For really short term use I have found it to be excellent.

TJ80 7 Dec 2016

Yes, that is o.k. 300mg is the highest dose of Tramadol and you may not need to take Tylenol with it.

Uncltodd 8 Dec 2016

I take 50 mg Tramadol 2-3/day with 400- 800 mg ibuprofen. The ibuprofen seems to make the Tram more effective. I avoid Tylenol on doctor's advice... possible liver damage.