Hello all. I am new to this group. Does mirtazapine give anybody tummy troubles as in the trots?

masso 2 Apr 2017

I aslo take Mirtazapine, but I have not experienced any side effects, I take 30mg. at night.
As you know we do not react to medications in the same ways; benefits, potential side effects, risks, interactions, etc...

Now diarrhea is an uncommon side effect as you can read below:

Gastrointestinal
Very common (10% or more): Dry mouth (up to 25%), constipation (up to 13%)
Common (1% to 10%): Nausea
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Abdominal pain, abdominal syndrome acute, vomiting, diarrhea
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Abdomen enlarged, eructation, glossitis, nausea and vomiting, gum hemorrhage, stomatitis, colitis, oral hypoesthesia
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Tongue discoloration, ulcerative stomatitis, salivary gland enlargement, increased salivation, intestinal obstruction, pancreatitis, aphthous stomatitis, gastritis, gastroenteritis, oral moniliasis, tongue edema
Frequency not reported: Dyspepsia, flatulence, oral paresthesia, mouth edema

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/mirtazapine-side-effects.html

Inform your Dr. tomorrow, and in the meantime keep yourself hydrated, you do not want to end up dehydrated at the ER.

I hope you get well soon, masso.-

chuck1957 2 Apr 2017

Just a bit of a bud in here my friend Masso, has it all right there and it is very rare with most people however there is a ton of FLU going around too. So please call you doctor tomorrow and double check.and see how you do. even today you might try to take it with a little food just to see if you get the same problem. I wish you lots of luck. And please follow Masso directions close he is one of the smartest people on her that I know. Chuck1957 Big ps Masso did not mean to bud in on you at all I just am getting over 5 weeks of the worst flu I have ever had. your friend always. Chuck

masso 2 Apr 2017

No problem at all Chuck and many thanks for your kind words... have a great day! masso.-

chuck1957 2 Apr 2017

Thanks, lots Masso; it does mean a lot to me and I can't tell you how much it means to me to have you add to a post. You are a true friend and never would I hurt your feeling or think I'm smarter than you, we are like coffee and cream. I hope you are doing much better. As in getting sleep, and just a bit more happy with the way life is treating you. But anyway your comments I never think a thing about I know I may have missed something. so it's good anytime. And my friend Masso my private message is working now so if you ever need to talk and I am sure it works both ways feel free to use me as a sounding board now buddy. I am here anytime you need me Chuck from the good old USA enjoy your Sunday. I am really sorry and was thinking of dropping out Masso Because of my spelling and many times I have to type in caps because I can't see it. so please understand. Chuck Wise

masso 2 Apr 2017

Chuck, buddy, never think that of yourself, you are an ASSET as a great friend and contributor here at Drugs.com, BTW, I am sleeping now!LOL

Your friend... masso.-

Anni1969 3 Apr 2017

thank you so much

masso 3 Apr 2017

You are most welcome.