Hello! I am new to the community. Need advice on how to help a sibling addicted to methadone & roxy

Anonymous 26 Aug 2009

a good place to start would be al anon. That is for the family and loved ones of alcoholics or addicts. I suggested that because there are alot of those chapters around but not as many narc anons, for the family of addicts.be supportive but don't enable. read up on the subject. you can not stop the drugs for your sibling, but, you can learn how to adjust your behavior so that their behavior doesn't drive you crazy. methadone is for addicts,so is suboxone, but you can't just jump from methadone and roxys to suboxone.check out suboxone so you have info on it to tell your sibling about. good luck and God Bless you for wanting to help. you are a great sibling!

Psyched 26 Aug 2009

Doc.rose,
Talk to Robert_325 here in the community. He is very knowledgeable about addictions and tapering off of meds. I'm sure he will be glad to talk with you. Good luck.