As I have mentioned on here, I have anxiety that got worse with increase of Zoloft about 3 months ago. I have been out of work since then because of the anxiety. I am off of Zoloft for 6 days now and on 10mg of Lexapro for 7 days (increased it over a period of 1 month).
I have been having heart palpitation along with chest pain and what feels like Cortisol release in the middle of the night. This is being going on for 3 months now. I would happen at 6:00am, then gradually moved up to 3:00 or 4:00am. It is scary since I can not really sleep after that and I can not take naps either because it causes me anxiety when I wake up from one. Dr. has asked me to take Tempazapam, 22.5mg which I have been taking for almost 2 months (I know that you are suppose to only take it for short period, but two different pdoctors have said it was ok). I would think this medication would knock me out until 7:00 or 8:00 am, I go to sleep at 9:30pm since I am not sure what time I will wake up. It did for a short time, but as I have transitioned from Zoloft to Lexapro, the wake ups are early again, 3-4am. I take Lexapro at the evening time, around 8:30pm.
I was at a hospital over night when the heart palpitation started 3 months ago and they cleared me for any heart related issues.
Any idea as to what could be causing this? Anxiety? I have no anxious thoughts except for when I look at the clock and notice it is only 3 or 4 am, I get scared.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I am not sure if I should have a sleep study done or since this started with the anxiety, there is no need for that.
Thanks