I've heard Latuda is good for the negative symptoms of schizophrenia.Is this the case?

anitalite 8 Mar 2012

I heard the same thing so I asked my doctor to add Latuda to my meds and he did. I found it to make me very agitated and he had to take me off of it. Others, however have found it to work wonders, saying it helped with the negative symptoms and also elevated their moods too. Everyone's systems are different and it probably depends on what other meds you're taking with it. I'm taking risperdal and cymbalta and topamax. I would give it a try, you can always go off it if you have a bad result. It's worth a try because the people who've had good luck with it rave about Latuda, it's their miracle pill. Good luck!

nantia1980 8 Mar 2012

Thanks for your answer!I am bipolar, but recently experiencing all the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, so it might be schizoaffective.I'll give Latuda a try, as Abilify does not cover me fully.