Hi, I'm new here. I need some advice/input about how to talk to my doctor about a med that's workedvery well for me in the past, granted this was a few years ago. Fiorinal w/codeine has worked better than almost anything else, and Ive tried quite alot, including Vicodin, ultram, Imitrex, Relpax, Keppra, Fioricet, Fiorinal, and Bystolic, many of which either didn't work or made things worse. He said he's unwilling to switch me to this med, because I'm currently also taking clonazepam, Lamictal, Neurontin, and a low-dose of Effexor, and have been for years. So far, he's given me Fioricet, Zofran, and Zanaflex. Well the Zofran was absolutely useless, the Zanaflex actually caused a headache to appear, and the Fioricet, while yes it took the pain away, didn't last and the crash was awful. Plus, when I took it late at night and then fell asleep, I woke up the next morning, heart racing and feeling like I was gonna have a serious panic attack. I've since taken what I had left of the Fioricet, crushed them into tiny pieces with a hammer, and now they're at the bottom of my trashcan.

I've talk to him about everything I just mentioned, but honestly I feel like it fell on deaf ears. I'm on the fence about either finding a new doctor or sticking it out with him. ANy and all input is more than welcome! Thansk!