I went to my pain mgmt clinic Wednesday and ONCE AGAIN explained to them that I am not doing well at all since they discontinued my Soma. First of all they tried to tell me that the reason I'm having these SEVERE muscle spasms is because I'm still having withdrawls - which I think is crap. It's been almost 4 months since I've taken them!!! That can't be right, can it? So, they gave me another (this makes the 5th) muscle relaxer to try. I started taking it today. The name is Chlorzoxazone 500mg tablets. It's taking me a long time to get to the problem I'm having. Sorry.
This medication is causing me to have terrible pains in my abdomen. I am also extremely nausiated. As some of you know I suffer from amoung other things short bowel syndrome. I have had a colectomy (large intestine removed) and a big portion of my small intestine is no longer with me either. So I'm wondering should I be concerned? Obviously I should stop taking it right? The problem with that is the muscle spasms are excruciating. Not that it's helping much anyway. I'm just in terrible pain, which was very obvious when I went to the pm clinic. My heart rate and blood pressure were very high which is really unusual for me. My bp tends to run on the low side. My dr wants to see me back in two weeks to talk about a change in my pain meds too. I have been on the Oxycontin/Oxycodone for over 4 years now. The Oxycontin hasn't worked for me since the formula change. I'm sure this also has a lot to do with my body not absorbing the med because of the surgeries. I am SO tired of being in this kind of pain. I'm not sleeping more than 3 or 4 hours a night despite the fact that they put me on Zolpiden a couple of months ago. Any advice? I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Your friend,
Terri