Has klonoplin been associated with alzehimers?

Rajive Goel 15 Jul 2011

Yes it could reduce incidence of Alzheimer’s Disease. Alzheimer’s Disease is a complicated and convoluted way of knocking out neurons, and Klonopin protects the neurons.

Klonopin does not stop stop Alzheimer’s, it just delayed its onset.

However a doc/pharmacist would be the best to address this question more professionally.

Take care, be well & safe, please.

caringsonbj 15 Jul 2011

thats something I'd not heard but you know I would just be willing to guess you that there are many things that we have to take that have the potential to cause many problems, I have often thought if we knew (and had a choice) there would be no pharmaceutical companies in business. sorry I wasn't able to help, these were just my thoughts--

Rajive Goel 15 Jul 2011

Agree with you line of thoughts... Billy... take care, be well!

caringsonbj 15 Jul 2011

thank you Rajive

Rajive Goel 16 Jul 2011

Pleasure...

Anonymous 16 Jul 2011

Hi Sandra (and Rajive and Billy)
Klonopin is a benzodiazapine, and they are notorious for causing memory problems while taking them. Once off, a person's memory can return to normal.
May I ask how old the patient taking Klonopin is?
Best wishes to you,