Has anyone who has been using Humira for Crohns long term gained a significant amount of weight?

dwrn86 26 May 2011

I am on Humira for Psoriatic Arthritis, not losing very well, been not gaining.
Maybe your just feeling so much better now so you want to eat.

briizy 26 May 2011

So are you saying that you've neither gained nor lost while taking it? I haven't actually started it yet. I'm at a healthy weight right now because I'm on Imuran, but the docs are starting me on Humira in a few weeks. I've read a lot of posts on other sights where people complain of gaining 30-40 pounds within 6 months of using Humira. I can understand getting your appetite back, but that seems very unhealthy to me, especially if you're already at a healthy weight.

sleepy mommy 28 Feb 2012

I have crohns disease and take humira and my doctors comment on my weight was that he will get me feeling better and then the weight that I gained on steroids would come off easily. I got no indication that it would be a weight gainer.