Has anyone tried using light boxes or sun lamps to help with pain?

itsmetoo2 11 Jan 2010

I really can not answer your question. But this does sound interesting. With light boxes you have added vit. D to the system. You have reduced stress that is brought on by pain. The heat would relax the areas of pain. Sounds like a good idea. Just do not get too much, as you woujld have to worry about skin cancer. This is a good idea...

missy2 12 Jan 2010

i have a vit.d deff. too i take member mark (sams wholehouse brand) d-3 2000 iu 2 a day my dr. said 3000 iu but couldn't find that in my price range so she said this would be fine and to start getting 15 minutes of morning sun like 8 to 9:00 am i'm taking the meds but i don't go outside so the sun lamp on low sounds like it might be just the ticket for me thanks.ps i have pain all over my body i wonder if a tanning bed would work.