Has anyone taken cymbalta and switched to pristiq? What were the results?

jk13 14 Aug 2010

I haven't gone from cymbalta to pristiq, but have tried it the other way around. I found that they both helped pretty much equally as well for the symptoms of anxiety and depression, however, the cymbalta had a much more sedating side effect for me vs. the pristiq. I ended up switching back to the pristiq. I take allot of sedating meds, so it's a major deal for me to make sure that if it's not necessary, that I don't take anything that will make me tiered.

Anonymous 14 Aug 2010

I have done this switch. My cymbalta quit working about 4+ years ago and I really didn't want to try anymore, I was so depressed. I started Pristiq @50mg on july 3rd and started feeling better but not good enough so 2 1/2 weeks later I added 5mg Abilify and increased it gradually to 10mg. I feel like a new or maybe my old self again. The pristiq pulled me from suicidal to just depressed, but I think the Abilify was needed to get happy again and want to live. I was very scared of all the side effects, but except for a slight and short headache the first few days I haven't had any- no tics Thank Heaven. I suggest you try the Pristiq for a while & see how it goes.
hopefully helpful,