Has anyone heard of developing a Lisinopril cough 3 years after starting the medication?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Alternatives to Lisinopril? The cough & headaches are driving me insane!

Anonymous 7 Jun 2011

Cough is a common side effect of this medication and this side effect would manifest itself at the beginning of your treatment, not 3 years later, this is my personal opinion.

Potential side effects list for future reference:

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/lisinopril-side-effects.html

I suggest you contact your Dr. and inform him or her regarding this situation.-

All the best,

Anonymous 7 Jun 2011

Maso, yes this is true, bur also true of other B/P meds. But I'm not sure about abter 3 yrs either. I would see the doc too. Von

mana kai 7 Jun 2011

I have 2 Dr. opinions, one says it happens "all the time" manifesting cough months and years later. I expect the 2nd Dr. to tell me it "never" happens. (spoke to Dr.'s assistant, not Dr. yet) There is a post on this website that indicates cough started after 7 years...

caringsonbj 7 Jun 2011

I think I would contact my doctor and discuss this with him, I was on this for a short time one of the first thing my physician told me was if I developed a cough to contact her and she would change the medication and the symptoms should leave, I have not heard of this much time transpiring but just to be sure I would discuss this with the prescribing doctor Take good care,

Revrent 1 May 2017

Mana Kai, I was on Lisinopril for 10 years and a few months ago developed a bad cough. Several specialists and Dr's later, I was taken off that med and put on a different BP med. It has taken about 4 weeks but the cough is now gone.

carlamdavis 21 Dec 2017

Hi. I had this same thing happen to me. After taking lisinopril for about three years I developed a cough that the Drs couldn't figure out. After several rounds of antibiotics and steroids and even being tested for asthma it was discovered that I had an allergy to ace inhibitors. My cough cleared up waiting days of stopping lisinopril.