Has anyone else gotten Vertigo from taking Pristiq? Thank you?

kazza1973 1 Nov 2010

yes i have. i have been taking pristiq for 4 days and my brain feels like it is diconnected and woobling around in my head. And when i turn my head to fast i get blurred vision and fell strange. I thought i was the only one since they say only 16% of users will experience this. Other than that i haven't had any other side effects. I wonder how long this will last?

I've was on Pristiq for about the same amount of time, but I also had vomiting with it. I have been off of it now for 5 days and am just now feeling better with meds prescribed for vertigo. I took myself off of it because they told me I could have those problems for up to 2 weeks and I can't have that with trying to work. I am not going back on that stuff!!!

I hope yours doesn't get as bad and will work for you. Be careful!

gabym2000 24 Dec 2010

After taking Pristiq for 5 days or so I started having dizzy spells which lasted only seconds. One night I came home and felt like I was going to pass out... next thing I knew, I couldn't walk. I was diagnosed with vertigo and spent 2 days in bed. This happened almost 3 weeks ago and I'm still having problems walking. I am also experiencing the "brain feeling disconnected and wobbling around in my head" feeling. It feels like my eyes cannot keep up with my head movements. I'm also wondering how long this will last.

gabym2000 24 Dec 2010

Did you get over it?

rpickelsimer 3 Sep 2011

They added this to my moms meds she took one and will never take one again.
She is in her 70,