I have been prescribed imipramine to hopefully counteract effect of discontinuing Effexor (venlafaxine). Have any of you successfully done this? I get terrible withdrawal symptoms when quitting Effexor, no matter how slowly I seem to do it.

I am 36... have been on Effexor XR for over 7 years for panic & anxiety. Effexor dose is 300mg. Have been prescribed imipramine 25mg at bedtime to start. Am scared to take the imipramine because of a potential drug interaction. Am hoping someone out there may have taken the combination effectively or may have suggestions as to other things I could try? I would like to stay away from benzodiazepines because I hear withdrawal from them are worse. I need to try something to get my anxiety under control soon. I have been offered an amazing job opportunity (am excited--not anxious about it) and do not want the offer to pass me by because I am scared my meds will suddenly quit working for me.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

xx