Harvoni - why will you just get the treatment for 9 weeks?

Nicholasr543 7 Jun 2016

I believe it's the severity of the disease in your liver . All patients are different and have different levels of the virus good luck

Angie40 7 Jun 2016

There are a lot of factors that go into determining your treatment period. If you have never had treatment before and like Nicholas said the severity of your health. Don't worry, I only took Harvoni for 8 wks and I am Hep C free! Good luck on your journey. Please keep us updated as you go.

Tea3 12 Jun 2016

I only was given 8 wks and I go July 5th for my Cure Blood work. I still keep the water intake up. But I can honestly say I'm starting to feel better little by little. I use to wake up at 3 am and had to drink water to rehydrate then try to get back to sleep. I have been sleeping til 5:30am now and waking up not feeling dehydrated. So it's taking me 2-3 months to feel a bit like my self.
Like another person said I believe the number of weeks for treatment depends on your progression in the disease. I don't have any detectable liver damage and my viral load was pretty low but high enough to qualify for 8 wk treatment.
Good luck to everyone fighting for their lives and so happy I did the treatment. We can live again :))