My fiancee was told that after an endoscopy and the doctor wants him to have a operation on it where they take a scope and wire to open it up. The Dr also said that there is a mass of something there that he could not tell cause the scope would not fit in the opening. Now they want him to have a cat scan. The Dr also wants him to drink boost and rather have him not eat any solids until he gets this procedure done. Can anything else be done instead of surgery? It took alot just to have the endoscopy done. The Dr also said that this mass could also be from years of having acid reflux.