I'm a 19 year old male. Last November I started noticing more hair fall. It's continued, and now it's September of the next year and hair loss is basically ruining my life. I've tried Rogaine and Propecia which weren't for me, so I quit. I just started a new hair regrowth program this week with Hair Health Australia which includes taking a pill/capsule twice a day, shampooing with their special shampoo, dermaneedling/microneedling my scalp once a day, and applying a topical solution to my scalp twice a day. I'm hopeful that this program will work, but I want to get advice from people online, people that might have valuable insight. I'm always wary to talk to doctors and people like the man who sold me the program I started, because they never seem to actually want to get to the bottom of what's happening.

Anyways, here's some more details on my condition. The main reason I'm worried is because it's not just hair loss that I've been noticing, but basically my hair and scalp health in general seems to be plummeting. My hair loss has been at the hairline and temples especially, but I've also been losing hair to a lesser extent throughout the whole top of my head. 6 months ago even my hair was shiny, healthy, and much thicker.

My hair now is much thinner, and is losing its texture as well. It gets oily really fast, but at the same time has this gross dry texture. If I shampoo it often, it just feels super dry and bad, so I only shampoo like twice a week. I haven't used a conditioner in months because when I do my hair is just way too thin. My scalp is also slightly itchy sometimes, and recently I've been finding little specs on my scalp like tiny grains of sand. I don't know what to make of it. I've read online that it's seborrheic dermatitis, DHT crystals, all kinds of stuff. And I only find them where I'm losing hair, i.e. not at the back of my head.

The man I spoke to at Hair Health Australia told me that it is purely genetic and not related to stress, diet, etc. He used a microscope on my head and showed me my own scalp on a monitor. I could see that some of my hairs were thinner and shorter than they should be. He explained that this is because the follicle is dying due to DHT.

I still lose many hairs a day, both long and short. And usually when I lose a hair, I can see a small white bulb at the end. I'm not sure if this is a bad sign or not.

I'm following the regrowth program now, but I just want to hear some more opinions and see what people think. I'm not only interested in regrowing hair... I want to get the texture, luster, and health of my hair back. My scalp just feels unhealthy and blocked up. I feel like I need to exfoliate my scalp or something. A year ago I had long, beautiful hair with absolutely 0 issues. I'm just really bummed.

If anyone has any advice that would be awesome.