What is a good prescription sleep aid?

90xRay 23 Oct 2013

There are several good options available. But, your medical background would be needed in order to know what might work best for you. Typically, I recommend patients to start by simply trying Melatonin 5mg 20 minutes prior to bedtime. This is a safe and natural method to aid in sleep. I would suggest that prior to any sleep medication.

amlalone 23 Oct 2013

Thank you... I am goin in to my Dr. here soon! : )

emmysmom 23 Oct 2013

Trazadone

amlalone 23 Oct 2013

Thats what my friend takes... she said she dosnt get a sleep aid hang over. I have been taking tylenol & that new nyquil zzzzz... they both give me anxioty & nightmeres! : ( Going to see my Dr soon!

Delila 27 Oct 2013

Zopiclone are very good for short term use, but they can be habit forming, so you should only be prescribed a week or so, to get your sleep rhythm back on track. Otherwise, as already recommended, Melatonin can be very helpful. I had very good sucess with them in the past. Depending on which country you live in though, they are not available to buy in the UK...