I have been on countless prescription medications for insomnia, mainly Miscellaneous anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics. The doctor won’t put me on benzodiazepines because I am on Vicodin I guess what I’m getting at is anyone know of natural remedies?
What are good prescription and over the counter medicine that work for insomnia?
- 15 Nov 2018 by Zach1122
- 15 November 2018 (4 weeks ago)
- vicodin, insomnia, doctor, medicine, prescription, medication, benzodiazepine, anxiolytics, sedatives, and hypnotics, benzodiazepines, miscellaneous anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics, sedative
My friend you have come to the right person.
These are basically weak anti depressants that have the side effect of a sleeping aid.
Valerian Root works well and it is natural but all buildup a tolerance to it very very quickly.
Melatonin is natural and great for sleeping.
Of course Gravol and Benadryl works for a while.
Feel free to ask me anything about drugs.
I have been prescribed hydroxyzine hydrochloride to help me sleep at night, taken as needed. It helps me to sleep through the night without experiencing the "hangover" feeling the next day. Rather, I feel alert from having a good night's sleep! It's an oldie but goodie and has very mild, if any, side effects.
- Vicodin Information for Consumers
- Vicodin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Vicodin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 11 hours ago • 13 answers
Updated 4 Mar 2018 • 1 answer
Updated 1 Jun 2018 • 1 answer
Updated 28 Aug 2018 • 1 answer
Updated 10 Oct 2018 • 2 answers