mom gets severe acid reflux and pain in her side ... and hair is thinning - have others noticed this .. any ideas.. thanks much
Imatinib mesylate (Gleevac) selectively inhibits bcr/abl and other tyrosine kinases, such as c-kit and platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor.
Hair loss is a well recognized side effect of Imatinib (Gleevac). It does not occur in everyone but is associated with hair loss in a proportion.
1. Ergene U1, Ozbalci D. Successful management of imatinib despite alopecia and nail necrosis.Transfus Apher Sci. 2013 Apr;48(2):271-2.
2. Yun SK et al. J Dermatol. 2014 Jan;41(1):107-8.
- Gleevec Information for Consumers
- Gleevec Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Gleevec (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 21 Dec 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 16 May 2016 • 4 answers
Has anyone here who has hypothyroidism issues started having a problem with hair thinning/hair loss?
Posted 16 May 2016 • 3 answers
Posted 16 May 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Dec 2017 • 4 answers