Can gilotrif put a patient with 4th stage lung cancer into remission?

kathyhanson 5 Apr 2014

Hi kathryn,
FDA approved Gilotrif for use with late stage lung cancer, with metastasis. It is not uncommon for the doctor to change treatments based upon the patient's response to current meds. Every patient responds differently to the various chemo meds, so Gilotrif can be just as effective as other treatments for your cancer. It just depends on which chemo is most effective for you. My chemo was changed twice during my chemo regimen. I have an incurable cancer, multiple myeloma. The last chemo put me into remission and I have stayed that way for 10 years. Don't get discouraged or lose your will to fight. If there is a chance for the new meds to extend your life, or better yet, to cure your cancer, I would (and did) try whatever meds that were available to me. Keep your chin up!