Are there generic versions of Kadian now available 2013?

kaismama 22 Feb 2013

No. You might find MS Contin cheaper tho.

Lisa01 22 Feb 2013

My Dr prescribed kadian and I was given morphine sulfate in it's place. Normally my pharmacy is unable to give a generic when there's no specific generic for a particular medication without contacting my Dr, and I know they didn't. Of course it's quite possible that has changed without me knowing. Just wanted to add my confusing two cents worth!
Lisa

kaismama 22 Feb 2013

When I hear Kadian I automatically think extended release and there is no generic for that, but morphine sulfate is the generic med. The pharmacist can give a generic unless the doc says do not substitute.

Lisa01 22 Feb 2013

Might be a new thing (which is good for me!), but I use the morphine sulfate er. So I'm pretty stoked! I never get lucky breaks when it comes to paying for my meds! :)
Lisa