When will the generic version of Lantus insulin be available?

chuck1957 1 Dec 2015

Sanofi: Confronting Lantus Patent Expiry With More Efficient ...
seekingalpha.com › ... › Long Ideas › Healthcare
Seeking Alpha
Aug 7, 2014 - This lawsuit trial will keep Lantus's generic version off market until mid-2016. Toujeo is an improved version and has triple concentration of .
AS ALWAYS YOU ARE LOOKING AT MID 2016 THEN IT GETS TIED UP IN COURT FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS IN MOST CASES AND THE FIRST GENERIC HAS SOLE RIGHT TO IT FOR 6 MONTHS WHICH IS A GENERIC COMPANY OF LILLY SO THAT THEY CAN SET THE PRICE AT JUST A LITTLE LESS THAN Lantus so not until more compaines are making it do the price drop enough to make it worth while to change and when it is you may have to watch it very close with your doctor to see how it works for you.so it should be from mid 2016 to almost the end of 2017 Chuck1957

kaismama 2 Dec 2015

I've become a reble since I'm living on peanuts. Novartis charges much less for their insulin. Here is what I would do. I would talk to my pharmacist and see if there would be something you can change to that is close to lantus, then talk to my dr about it. I've done it with other meds. I'll be darned if I'm going to contribute to a drug companies wealth. My insurance won't pay for Lilly insulin currently.