Is there a generic for Byetta and is it wise to use its generic?

Anonymous 8 Nov 2012

Hello lele6900. There is no generic for Byetta. As to generics, it truly often depends how the individual responds to any given generic. Some people do great on them, some do not. Regards pledge

kaismama 8 Nov 2012

To add a little more about use of a generic for this, I think I would involve my dr in a change from brand to generic where diabetes is concerned, so he could work with you if you respond a little differently. Some meds I would switch to generic easily, they aren't absolutely essential, but meds for diabetes are. I suspect it will be a while until byetta's generic comes out. The manufacturers are making money on the brand name, and they have a patent on it.

butterflylynn 9 Nov 2012

I was on Byetta right when it came out & I actually had to sign a waiver from the mfg. stating that if I damage to my Pancreas & some other major side effects.
I then had a episode that they thought was a pancreatitis attack so they took me out of the trials. I did see on the Tv that some law firms are suing the company due to people dying of Pancreatic cancer.

So make sure to read on this drug before taking this.. I also used Victoza which seemed to work fairly well but due to some medication interactions I had to go off of it. take care, Kathy