Can gabapetin be taken only twice a day 300mg for 600mg per day?

mfpdfibro 24 Jun 2013

Gabapentin also known as Neurontin can be taken up to 800 mg 4X per day for a total of 3200mg. I'm not sure if you are wanting to take more or less, but I do have a friend that gets some relief with that high dosage. I myself am at 800mg 3X per day and don't know if it is helping or not. I used to be on Lyrica, but it make my legs swell up something awful. I hope this information helps and please do not hesitate to ask anything, anytime.

endlessPred 24 Jun 2013

Hello. Yes, it is generally written twice per day with 300mg each. That keeps the dose even in the blood stream. It takes time to build up, I found. If you have side effects, contact your doctor. If you take it 12 hours apart you will not have as many highs and lows with it.