- Cymbalta is an antidepressant which has a proven effect on nerve pain.
- Injections into trigger points with steroids or into the spinal area with lidocaine/steroids.
- Topical - Diflucenac(?sp) is a steroid cream that requires a prescription.
- TENS Unit - Electical stimulation applied to skin with gel pads that you take on and off.
I can't think of any others except :
Acupuncture, Physical Therapy and Chiropractic.
As a long time sufferer of sciatic pain, I have found that a heating pad does help. I too take 1800mg of gabapentin a day. Also there is an exercise you can do that helps alleviate this pain as well. Research it and hopefully there will be examples of this exercise for you to follow. I hope this helps.
- Gabapentin Information for Consumers
- Gabapentin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Gabapentin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 23 Jun 2010 • 7 answers
Posted 1 Feb 2011 • 12 answers
Posted 20 Oct 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Jul 2016 • 9 answers
Posted 22 Jul 2017 • 2 answers