Can gabapentin and steroids be used with dexamethasone?

kaismama 24 Feb 2013

You mean a different steroid besides dexamethasone with the dexamethasone? I can't think of a reason to do that. Gabapentin is ok with steroids.

laserlady 24 Feb 2013

oops... too many vet meds. rimadyl (NSAID) and Dexamethasone are the ones in question. You see my dog was getting much better on the decreasing dosage of Dexamethasone, he was still on the high dose, and he was vomiting, so when i mentioned that to the weekend vet she gave him the NSAID but he is getting worse quickly, and can barely walk now... im just thinking maybe we should switch back to the steroid and use a decreased dose... but i don't know how long the 1/2 life of the Rimadyl is, and i only worry about that bc the vet said we had to discontinue the steroid for 2 days before starting the NSAID, and i wonder if that same rule will apply when/if switching back...

CintracyGonzales14 24 Sep 2016

I think so but with time in between...