Can gabapentin be taken for RA pain?

kaismama 20 Jan 2015

I don't know how much it would do. Its for nerve pain.

shawnpalm123 20 Jan 2015

Okay, thank you!

balbanese 20 Jan 2015

Could be, did your Dr prescribe it to you for that?

Trish Schiesser 20 Jan 2015

I'm with Kaismama on this one. I don't think it would help RA. There are other
medicines out there for RA. Don't want to fool around with RA.
I hope you are not in too much pain and hope you get help.
Good luck and God bless.
Trish

I have been taking Gabapentin (Neuroton) for almost 2 years. It was prescribed too for RA

Sofi64 1 Feb 2015

My doctor prescribed it for me for RA pain but it did not help the pain. I could not focus or think when I was on it. It made me very tired the first several weeks. It made me really foggy headed, I had blurry vision and it made my depression much worse. I had to quit taking it. In fact a nurse later told me that the doctor should have never prescribed it because I already had depression and it is contraindicated in patients with depression.

I was taking 1800 msg a day plus Plaqunil 400 msg. I came off the Plaqunil because of the mood swings and depression. But there is no medication for RA that doesn't side effects for depression and sucidal tendencies. Right now my thyroid is going crazy. Everything I read says that my autoimmune is going crazy.

Do what you think is best on what medications work for you. Best of luck