Gabapentin - Will this medicine help with spondylosis and bulging disc pain?

bartosh13 29 Jun 2016

Yes, altho if that is not helping with the pain, you need to talk to your pain med doctor if you have one. If not, you need to see a pain specialist to put you on something that will help.

Trish Schiesser 29 Jun 2016

It hasn't helped me.
And I have what you have.
Good luck, God bless,
Trish

Windchimes123 29 Jun 2016

In theory , if there is nerve involvement besides the structural damage to the spine, it should help the "nerve" only pain.
A doctor will determine if your pain is neurological or musculoskeletal-skeletal and hopefully, prescribe the appropriate meds.
I had the following big problems with Gabapentin: it didn't work and the doc kept increasing dose but my thinking slowly became distorted. I noticed I was becoming impulsive which can be dangerous because it changes your decision-making abilities. I also gained weight and then started dieting but weight was harder to lose.
Other people have good results... so you just have to monitor. I would advise you to keep a daily symptom diary so you have your own words to guide you when being asked if it's working.
Lyrica... same response.
Doctors really want these Meds to work because they are not controlled (Lyrica is but not at same level as the opioids ).

masso 29 Jun 2016

Very well answered indeed.-