Gabapentin - I take GP FOR neuropathy. what is the max dosage I can take?

LaurieShay 1 Feb 2014

As quoted from drugs.com:

The dose may be titrated up as needed for pain relief to a daily dose of 1800 mg.
Maintenance dose: 900 to 1800 mg orally in 3 divided doses.

pamee 1 Feb 2014

I had two different doctors tell me I could go up to 3600 mgs daily (1200 x 3 daily) for my neuropathy. I recently tapered down as the gabapentin didn't help me. I do hope you find the relief soon as neuropathy is so very painful. Good luck.

ElizaJane23 2 Feb 2014

I know patients who have taken as high as 3600 mg per day. For myself - I only went as high as 1800 mg per day before deciding it wasn't the right med for me. It caused problems with my speech - with word retrieval. I constantly had a word on the tip of my tongue and could not remember it!! I now take Lyrica, and it works very well. I'm fortunate in that my insurance will pay for the Lyrica. It only did after I tried Gabapentin and had a major side effect that rendered it unsuitable for me. Take care - EJ23