I was prescribed gabapentin 300mg ... 2 of them at bedtime and also one 3 times a day.For the purpose of helping with insomnia and pain. I suffer with arthritis terribly... Torn rotator cuff / needing brand new shoulder joint... neck and disk / back pain... Have had one disk removed way back in my 30's and new hip in 2015. It was my cortisone Doctor that prescribed them. I have had a few different, out of the normal problems. as they are not listed in the common side effects or guidelines for gabapentin.
I am and was always treating dry eye BEFORE taking the gabapentin and it was under control. NOW this is new--- Very red blood shot eyes sometimes itchy but more sore than anything and I have never experienced bloodshot eyes like this before!! Infection has been ruled out. The Doc suggested rinsing my eyes out with water and not using eye make-up which is not easy for us ladies but I gave it a go and No change! ... I do use my drops for dry eye a lot more than the norm, but it isn't helping. It is very, very unattractive and my sore bloodshot eyes continue...

I have also experienced something else... Something very ODD happened. I suddenly lost my phone (( which was in my hand )) and walked to the other end of the table, I put my phone down and picked up my husbands phone to call mine as this way I could find it ... (( It was where I had left it a few seconds earlier )) I realized it straight away!!! Then Later in the day I sat down to watch a ball game and found myself waving, YES, waving to the crowd in the audience on the TV... (( Possible hallucinations?? )) Not sure, but my mind felt spacey and for a mere few seconds it felt as though things were a mile away... This only happened the one day so far and on the same day but am wondering if it was caused by the gabapentin? It scared me!! I felt embarrassed with myself... I didn't take the gabapentin for another two days and had no incidents .. BUT I couldn't sleep... I need to sleep so will try it tonight and see my Doctor as soon as I can get an appointment ... I am 60 years young and a past runner up until my hip problem that started in approximately 2013... I have gained weight and am not at all active anymore nor can I find the urge to be... Have tried to push myself but no go!! I felt so much better when active!!! Even the arthritis felt less painful... I hope I wasn't too long winded and that something in here will help you or others... or help me in return...

Has anyone had any similar experiences??

I would appreciate any feedback and thank you!!