Gabapentin - Has anyone started feeling distrustful and suspicious of their spouses?

PepperM 27 Sep 2015

Can you be more specific please.

Stephen Treloar 27 Sep 2015

I think he is having period of paranoia and is wondering if that can be linked to gabapentin. I have certainly not heard of side effects like that. As always these meds can take around 4 weeks for your body to adjust to. Hopefully it is a passing phase.

PepperM 27 Sep 2015

Unfortunately suspiciousness and distrusting are some of the side effects. Although it's not too common. It should subside with time. Hopefully for your sake. Lol. I've been on gabapentin for over 10 year for fibromyalgia. I've never experienced any side effects even close to that but then we're are different. I hope he gets better. Be supportive of him and hang in there sweetie it gets better. Pepper

michelle962 30 Sep 2015

I took gabapentin other day started on monday i was fine with that one but when i took one on tuesday i felt so wreid its was nasty so dont no of i had an rection to it or not

Trish Schiesser 1 Oct 2015

Go to your Doctor and tell him what is happening to you when taking Gabapentin.
Do you have a history of Paranoia? If so, go to a psychiatrist and tell him/her
about Gabapentin and whatever else you are taking and the effects it has had
on you. Perhaps it's the Gabapentin or some other drug. Ask him/her what to do
for this strange happening.
Good luck and God bless,
Trish

ChickAboomboom 4 Oct 2015

YES, as a matter of fact my husband started the medicine and after the first week started having same kind of problems with being disoriented and not knowing who I am too. He has been off for a week and he still isn't right and he was only on it for 17 days. The DR. told him to take more OMG what are they thinking of? I'm wondering how long it takes to get out of your system? They took one medication that was working and replaced it with 3 other medications and Gabapentin being one of them. Hope this helps.