Furosemide - Does lasix make you have to go to the restroom a lot. What does it with your bladder?

Stephen Treloar 16 Jun 2016

If you have lot's of excess fluid you may feel tied to a toilet. When I first took Furosemide, I lost 35lbs of fluid in 2 weeks from my stomach. I use a combination of a diary and digital bathroom scales (entries, twice a day). Using a baseline for comparison lets me know how much I can drink, more or less. (weigh yourself in your underwear as cool weather clothes can add 5-8lbs)

The other thing about furosemide is that the tablets can be easily broken for dose adjustment. If you are on 40mg/day, try 30mg or 20mg. You still have to rid of all that excess fluid. Twice daily weighing will tell you how you are going. If you have further enquiries regarding the delights of diuretics, just ask.