I found two pills in my sons drawer that are round,white and has CO on top and DYD on bottom. Help!?

Allie39cat 3 Apr 2012

Generic name: dihydrocodiene, acetaminophen. "Dihydrocodeine is a painkiller known as an opioid. Opioid painkillers work by mimicking the action of naturally occurring pain-reducing chemicals called endorphins. Endorphins are found in the brain and spinal cord and reduce pain by combining with opioid receptors. Dihydrocodeine mimicks the action of natural endorphins by combining with the opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord. This blocks the transmission of pain signals sent by the nerves to the brain. Therefore, even though the cause of the pain may remain, less pain is actually felt.

Nlb 3 Apr 2012

Thank you for the information. After intense questioning, I found out a friends mom got the pills in Mexico. It could have been a dangerous outcome.