I've been struggling with a few different medical issues for quite some time now. I have had chronic vaginal yeast infections, I'm tired all the time, and I have symptoms similar to IBS. A friend suggested I look into alternative therapies and thought I might have some sort of Candida overgrowth.

I did a lot of research on Candida and I guess I'm not 100% convinced yet. I read some information on yeast by Eric Bakker and used a test I found on his yeastinfection.org site (the spit test - ewwww!), to try to test myself. It came back negative, but I'm still not sure. I found him on a CureZone forum as well and it seems like my symptoms do match Candida.

My question - is there a formal medical test that can be done to see if I really do have some sort of strange, chronic problem? If there is, and I do have Candida, should I stick with the natural remedies and diets, or do I need to see a regular medical doctor?

Thanks!