Form taking vicodin for long term can that change someones personality?

Anonymous 26 Jul 2010

It can in a way i guess it can make you not care about anything else but the drug. It can make you have difficulty to cry and some just cant help but to be too emotional. It all really depends on the person and what kind of person they were before the drug only if you knew that person you can tell if its made them different.

grey_cypress 26 Jul 2010

I have read a study somewhere online (wish i could find it) that found some connections between long term opioid use and personality changes. I also went to rehab recently and they talked a lot about how abusing prescription drugs (any kind, not just pain killers) in the long run can change a person mentally.

grey_cypress 26 Jul 2010

I thiiiink it was here:
http://www.enotes.com/drugs-alcohol-encyclopedia/opioid-dependence-course-disorder-over-time

i didnt reread the whole thing but im pretty sure this where it was

christineATU 26 Jul 2010

I've been on pain killers for quiet a while and people have noticed a change in me. I'm not as happy, carefree, and my social life is pretty much non existent. Part of it may be due to depression caused by the pain, but I believe the meds may be part of the cause of the depression.

Good luck to you,
Chris

Anonymous 26 Jul 2010

Yes I woud say so. It is a pain drug, but long use can also effect your thinking.