Yesterday was my first day of me second Nuvaring. I put it in but took it out to have sex with my boyfriend. Forgot to put it back and was out for about 8 hours. Can I get pregnant? Should I buy the after sex pill?
After a bit of research found this article..
What if I miss my regular scheduled period when using NuvaRing?
Some women miss periods on hormonal birth control, even when they are not
pregnant. Consider the possibility that you may be pregnant if:
1. you miss a period and NuvaRing was out of the vagina for more than 3 hours
during the 3 weeks (21 days) of ring use
2. you miss a period and waited longer than 1 week to insert a new ring
3. you have followed the instructions and you miss 2 periods in a row
4. you have left NuvaRing in place for longer than 4 weeks (28 days)
Unlike the pill, NuvaRing requires no daily dosing so you can get effective monthly protection from pregnancy without having to think about taking it every day. In a given 4-week cycle, NuvaRing must be inserted into your vagina, removed after 3 weeks (21 days), and a new ring inserted 1 week (7 days) later.
So apparently your using it wrong. From article says your not remove for THREE wks the remove a week and so forth. How long have you been on
Hope this was helpful!
- NuvaRing Information for Consumers
- NuvaRing Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of NuvaRing (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 29 Nov 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 5 May 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 4 Oct 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 11 Feb 2015 • 2 answers
I took my nuvaring out 2 days after inserting it to have sex, I forgot to put it back in and didn't?
Posted 29 Jan 2016 • 1 answer