I forgot to put back the nuva ring, I had it on for 16days what can I do?

kaismama 29 May 2013

Start all over again as if it was a new thing. If you put it back in now you'll need to use a condom for the first 7 days. I'd you wait until your period starts and put it in you'll be protected

DzooBaby 29 May 2013

How long was it out? That is more important than how long it was in. If the ring ever falls out during the 3-week wearing time, rinse it with warm water and reinsert it. If it slides down into the lower part of the vagina, use a finger to push it in farther. If the ring is lost, a new vaginal ring should be inserted as soon as possible and the schedule continued without change. Do not leave a ring out for longer than 3 hours.

During week 1 or 2 of wearing time: If a ring has been out of the vagina for more than 3 hours, you may not be protected from pregnancy. You must use a back-up birth control until the new or replaced ring has been in place for 7 days in a row.

During week 3 of wearing time: If a ring has been out of the vagina for more than 3 hours, you may either insert a new ring and start a new 3-week cycle, or you may wait 7 days (and have a menstrual period) before you insert a new ring. You must use back-up birth control until the new or replaced ring has been in place for 7 days in a row.

Avoid leaving the NuvaRing in place for longer than 3 weeks. Call your doctor if you get off the proper schedule for use and non-use of the vaginal ring. Do not wear more than one ring at a time.