for 6 months i have been taking phentermine. ihave not lost no weight.i work out 1hr.per day.help?

robo 27 Jul 2009

Hi itsnotworking

If you have been taking phentermine for six months, you really should have seen some results by now. Normally phentermine is prescribed "short term" which means weeks rather than months. Unfortunately, phentermine will only work well if it is used as the prescribing information says - as "an adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification and caloric restriction."

You have definitely ticked the exercise box (well done) so it might also be worth looking at what you are eating and how much you are eating (and keeping a daily diary if necessary.)

If you have been doing all those things and you are still not losing the weight, it would be worth reviewing your weight loss program with your doctor.

itsnotworking 28 Jul 2009

Now coming to think about it, I probably do need to adjust my eating habits more. If only I can get over the cravings for sweets and late night eating. I do not eat alot during the day. Can you suggest a meal plan.I am so determine to win this battle. I have a toddler girl and I do not want her to have endless amount of candy, cakes and fried foods as I did. I dont want her to be obese like me or the rest of my family.

robbi4564 10 Dec 2011

I took it for 3 mos lost 5 lbs did not work for me I now take diethylpropion 75 mg per day for 3 mos lost 20 lbs much better medication to me no chest pain or moody with it only ocassional dry mouth
Good luck to you!