My dad is basically an alcoholic and I ve always thought nothing of it because that s how i grew up, he drinks at least 10-15 beers a day. In the past couple of years I have grown up and realized that his behavior isn t normal and that he should stop drinking so much or all together before it causes major health problems. He is also over 270 pounds

For the past 3 years my dad has had frequent foot swelling / pain that last for up to 2 weeks. His right foot swells and he favors it while walking in order to reduce the pain from putting full pressure on it.

In my opinion the pain and swelling has to do with him drinking so much all the time. I don t remember the last time he didn t drink and alcoholic beverage in 24 hours

If someone could share any information about this it would be greatly appreciated