Is fluoxetine HCL Pliva 647 gluten free?

LousArk 24 Feb 2014

If you have a look on the site glutenfreedrugs dot com, you'll see a list of all GF drugs. This states that all forms of Fluoxetine are GF.
I believe there are some forms of starch in those tablets though, & some of those irritate my Colitis.

Eliza_Beth 25 Aug 2014

I have celiacs and read mixed things about weather of not it is gluten free. I am on it currently and having horrible reactions-All my usual symptoms of GI and depression from ingesting gluten. What I have read and heard often, is that ALL generics contain gluten which is really hard news for celiacs w/o insurance or insurance that won't cover brand names. You can have your doctor (if they are understanding of how additives and fillers can effect you) write on your script "brand name only" or have a pharmacist mix the drug itself there with (i think) acidophilus, in capsul form. I tried a generic to see if I could save money and was immediately sick. I'm so sorry to hear you're also going through the battle of finding an affordable antidepressant with gluten intolerance!