I first had postpartum depression which turned into 24 yrs of chronic.Has anyone experienced this?

Buck2504 20 Oct 2016

Yes. When I had my third and last child I got very depressed. 2 months after he was born I had my first break down and hospital admission. The first of many. My son is now 34 and i'm still fighting it except they decided I'm actually bipolar. I ended up leaving my husband and leaving my 3 kids for him to raise, cuz I felt like I was an unfit parent. I was in the hospital more than I was out at that time. Fortunately with A LOT of therapy and a lot trial-and-error with meds,I'm now home a lot more than before. Last admission was last month. But I see a light at the end of the tunnel these days and I hope you will too. I wish you all the best.
Buck2504

michele harvey 20 Oct 2016

I went through the same thing I got very sick after my second child,which now 15 and was in hospital longer than before. The children were taken away from me cuz I was feeling unfit mother and my illness,after one month after he was born

michele harvey 20 Oct 2016