My actual disability date is 8/22/2005. I filed in 2006 and then dropped the case after it was denied twice through the mail. I then had several work attempts working for 3 months in 2006, 4 months in 2007 and 6 months off and on throughout 2008-2009. None of them long enough to collect unemployment and all understood with SS department that they were FAILED work attempts and don't count. I filed a second time in 2009 and am still working that case after 2 different ALJ's rendered unfavorable rulings and two court of appeals remanded the case back, so now I am waiting for my 3rd appearance in front of an ALJ. I also will be 47 this year and I have heard that they do not like to award people under the age of 50. Also my last date of insurance was March 31st, 2013. My medical records contain over 1,300 pages including 3 medical doctors stating that I am disabled and 2 psychiatrists stating so as well. I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Myofascial Syndrome, buldging disc's with constant back pain, depression, anxiety, ADHA & a touch of OCD. Also the many other problems that go along with Fibromyalgia, insomnia, IBS, irratable spastic bladder etc. etc. Recently I was placed on an Ohio Home Health Care Waiver and receive a home health aid 21 hours a week, a home nurse once a week & Meals on wheels for dinner.

I am wanting to try and get a realistic idea of what to expect moving forward. I am assuming that FINALLY I will be awarded my lump sum of back pay, but not sure how far back to reasonably expect them to go. I also want to make sure that my kids get some of their back pay because they had to put up with me and take care of me all through their teen age years (They are 21 & 19 now). Also, since my last date insured was 3/31/12 does that mean that I would not receive my monthly allowance or just stopped accumulating income towards my lump sum on that date? I worked hard all my life and had top management jobs. I paid a lot in taxes or premiums toward my disability insurance (federal) so my statements read that I would receive $1,600.00 per month. If anyone would be kind enough to give me an idea of what to expect (reasonably) moving forward, I would be most appreciative. My parents have helped me out tremendously throughout the years and I want to make sure that I can pay them back and still have some money left over to move and get out of government housing.
Thank you to all of you and wishing you all comfort and healing!