Fibromyalgia . What is a raw diet and can it help Fibro pain, when the brain needs seritonin?

Emeraldgirl 12 Nov 2013

Hello Kittenliz. I have Fibromyalgia (FM) and Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP). I eat a Raw Food Diet (RFD). Due to the way the above conditions affect my ability to physically function, this was the only way that I could feed myself in an healthy way. That said once you start you will not want to stop!. I can only answer part of your question. RFD is one where no food is cooked. No diary produces allowed and no processed food.The diet mainly comprises of fruit,nuts,seeds, seaweed and veg, but served in interesting ways. That said you do not need to be 100% raw. If you look on y/tube it will give you a good insight and lots of recipes. I have said this a number of times but I do understand the misconception. FM does not generate pain. It makes what is generating the pain worse, widespread and prolonged. In my case it is CMP which causes the initial pain. FM then takes this pain and does what I have said above. It Is easier for me to determine which of my two conditions do what, has I had CMP for 6 years before I developed FM as a result of it. It is also worth saying that many of the symptoms of CMP are attributed to FM when this is not the case. For e.g. Trigger points are often attributed to FM when in fact they are the main component of CMP. This results in many people not receiving the correct treatment.
Take care.

Kittenliz 12 Nov 2013

Thanks for answering so quickly. I'll look into it further

Emeraldgirl 12 Nov 2013

Your welcome.