Zoloft pros and cons?
And how decreased exactly does your libido get after taking zoloft? I used to be so carefree and flirty, and im just want to get back to that, is Zoloft the way?
Also is there any other future issues like sterility and alzhemiers that I might have to worry about in taking this drug?
I heard some antidepressants make you quieter, does this one do that?
Will it help my social anxiety.
Will I gain weight?
Will it make me feel normal again? Ive never taken antidepressants before and this drug caught my eye.
Just a few questions about the drug Zoloft from a person whos never taken antidepressants?
- 30 Jul 2015 by elenavalenzuela
- 30 Jul 2015
- zoloft, depression, major depressive disorder, antidepressant, libido, drug
Zoloft pros and cons?
I have been taking Zoloft for about 5 years now and started out taking only 50mg but now I am up to 200mg a day. hopefully can answer some of your questions, but keep in mind your reaction to it may be different than mine.
1. I have never had an issue with a decreased libeo (thank god), it is still exactly the same as it was when I first started it.
2. Weight gain... every time my doctor upped my dosage I gained about 10 pounds, in the past 5 years I have gained about 60 pounds and it is extremely difficult for me to keep my weight under control.
3. I started to feel "normal" about a week after I started taking it or upped the dosage. I saw the biggest change when it came to PMS, I definitely wasn't as short tempered or emotional. I do still have random days where I just want to lock myself in a room, but it usually only lasts a day and seems to coenside with stress.
4. Anxiety is the reason I finally went to the doctor, I was having 2 - 3 panic attacks a day, then come to find out that I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder or Unipolar Depression. The panic attacks literally stopped within days of starting Zoloft.
With my type of depression I will have to take this or another antidepressant the rest of my life, so I would rather deal with the weight gain than lose my job or friends because I cant get my butt out of bed or are, excuse my language, a raging bitch. It is nice to be able to see things more rational and not burst into tears at any given moment. My friends can attest that I am also not in zombie mode, I have fun and laugh all the time.
I hope this will help you with your decision, good luck and remember there are all sorts of antidepressants so if one doesn't work, you can always try a different one.
- Zoloft Information for Consumers
- Zoloft Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zoloft (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 6 Feb 2015 • 2 answers
Can depression last 17 months even while being treated ?I've been on a lot of antidepressants and h?
Posted 5 Dec 2015 • 11 answers
Posted 26 Dec 2015 • 3 answers
Posted 16 Jan 2017 • 2 answers
Posted 7 Feb 2017 • 1 answer