... take with dairy.
Anyone have any wisdom to share?
Use Ferrous Gluconate as directed by your doctor. Please check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
* Ferrous Gluconate is absorbed better on an empty stomach, but may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach.
* Do not take Ferrous Gluconate within 1 hour before or 2 hours after antacids, eggs, whole grain breads or cereal, milk, milk products, coffee, or tea.
* Take Ferrous Gluconate with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Ferrous Gluconate.
* Ferrous Gluconate must be swallowed whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ferrous Gluconate
- Ferrous Gluconate Information for Consumers
- Ferrous Gluconate Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ferrous Gluconate (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 24 Oct 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 7 May 2011 • 1 answer
Iron Deficiency Anemia - I have had low iron now for about 6 months, but on and off for years. I was
Posted 11 May 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 17 Oct 2013 • 2 answers
Iron Deficiency Anemia - My daughter age 32 has had extreme fatigue and feeling ill for four years,?
Posted 25 Jun 2014 • 1 answer