Hi, I have just found out i'm pregnant roughly about 8 weeks. I'm 34 years old and suffer from chronic pain the doctors here in the uk are unsure of the cause of my pain. My body is mimicking MS and appears to be ticking the boxes of Fibromylglia. I have been suffering since 2009. In Nov 2012 I was diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension and that is in remission although of late the migraines have got worse and blinding in one eye and is unsettling.

I am currently on 50 mcg of fentanyl, 72 hourly, topped up with 1000 mg of paracetamol 4 times a day and Ibrupofen 1000mg 4 times a day the latter two I have stopped since finding out I'm pregnant. I really want to wean off the fentanyl however the pain is excruciating ca anyone tell me if they have had a baby while on this medication and if so was the baby ok? Also if I were to wean myself off is there a safer alternative? As I also want to breastfeed.

I have read the side effects some have had the lack of sex drive, the drenching of the clothes and bed etc because of the hot/cold sweats. Which over the last couple weeks I'm assuming due to my hormones from the pregnancy has reduced drastically. The patches facing off. Thanks for the advice re the tagsderm patches.

I hope to hear from someone of you who have had any experiences. I'm very worried about the welfare of my unborn baby.

CC